Jeanne Clery Act Training Seminar - Occidental College
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, California 90041
Each day and a half seminar will include presentations on:
- Emergency Response & Alerting Your Campus Community
- The Four W's of Crime Reporting (Who, Where, When, and What)
- Building a Safer Campus Community (VAWA Amendments to the Clery Act, the Intersection of the Clery Act and Title IX, and Prevention Education)
- Bringing It All Together in the Annual Security Report
In the true spirit of collaboration, the Clery Center has been collecting your feedback and listening to your comments since the inception of CATS in 2007. A multi-disciplinary collaborative team designed the original, cutting-edge curriculum. After training more than 2,500 college and university officials from across the United States, we combined your suggestions, challenges, and new concepts into the development of a fully revised curriculum.
Our sessions will include information for those working in campus public safety, administration, counseling, student conduct/judicial affairs, risk management or as legal counsel. We encourage institutions to send collaborative teams to maximize the benefit of the training and offer teams a special reduced rate.
Special Emergency Notification Session
Studies of the nation's colleges and universities have identified gaps in their ability to broadcast emergency information to the entire campus. A special session provided by Siemens Industry, Inc. will review how technology can be utilized to effectively prepare for and respond in campus emergencies.
Discussions will include:
- The types of emergency communication channels and analysis of their strengths and weaknesses
- How the effectiveness of your emergency response can be increased by layering and integration
- Best practices on how campuses leverage technology to handle emergencies
- A self-assessment exercise to rank your emergency preparedness
Fees | $445.00
Discounted Price | $395.00 if registered by Sunday, June 1, 2014
Special Group Registration Rate
Multidisciplinary teams of 3 or more applications received together receive a $50 discount per applicant. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must register at the same time with a single payment. This rate does not expire with the early registration date rate. Payments or purchase orders must accompany the registration form to receive the early registration discount.
Substitution From the Same Institution
Substitutions from within the same institution are permitted at no additional cost. All substitutions must be made in writing and accompanied by a completed registration form.
Hotel | Embassy Suites Los Angeles - Glendale
800 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91203
Please click here for the website.
When making your room reservation, please mention that you will be attending the Clery Center training or mention the rate code "CCS" to get the rate of $169.00 (plus tax) per night.
The Clery Center for Security On Campus reserves the right to cancel this session by May 12, 2014. If this session is cancelled, all registration fees will be refunded.