Intersections in Compliance: a Two-Day Conference on Title IX and the Clery Act
Presented by the Victim Rights Law Center and the Clery Center for Security On Campus
Dates: October 13-14, 2014
Location: St. Joseph’s University | 5600 City Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
As colleges and universities proactively move forward with new policies and procedures to address campus sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking, information streams in from government agencies, national consultants, media and students. Campuses are left to distill the guidance and determine the best way to effectively implement their policies and continue to stay aware of new laws, changes and best practices.
Join the Victim Rights Law Center and the Clery Center for Security On Campus for a two-day conference providing easy-to-use, practical implementation tools for the new Department of Education and White House Task Force materials, the recent amendments to the Clery Act as a part of the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization and the intersections of compliance between the Clery Act and Title IX.
Attendees will learn from litigators, victim advocates, practitioners, and compliance experts on practices campuses nationwide are using to stay ahead of liability and provide a safe community.
Sessions will focus on:
- Clery Act (2013 VAWA Amendments to Clery, compliance challenges, coordination for prevention and response)
- Title IX (Implementation problems, policy examples, and best practices)
- Navigating Title IX and Clery Act Intersections – where to begin
- Case studies
- Campus investigations
- Coordinated response
- Trauma-informed care and cultural competency
We are excited to feature speakers from diverse areas of expertise, including:
- Michelle Garcia, Director at the Stalking Resource Center
- Lily Jay, student and sexual assault activist
- Neil Irvin and Patrick McGann, Directors at Men Can Stop Rape
- James Moore, III, U.S. Department of Education, Clery Act Compliance Division
For more on our presenters, including full biographies, please click here.