3-Day Jeanne Clery Act Training Pilot Program -Lehigh University - Bethlehem, PA
May 23, 2017 – May 25, 2017
Lehigh University Neville Hall Auditorium
6A East Packer Avenue Bethlehem, PA 18015
In response to feedback from our Jeanne Clery Act training participants, join Clery Center for our 3-Day Jeanne Clery Act Training pilot program.
The course is comprehensive and skill-based, providing an opportunity to delve deeper into Clery Act requirements and the more nuanced aspects of implementation. Through this course, participants will explore how to create effective practices for policy development, training campus security authorities, building multidisciplinary teams, and engaging leadership.
About the course:
- Comprehensive curriculum covering Clery Act requirements and guidance from the Department of Education through the Handbook for Campus Safety and Security Reporting (2016) and Clery Act program reviews.
- On-site application of Clery Act training, implementation, and documentation materials, including detailed Cley Team Action Plan for developing the annual security report and implementing Clery Act requirements
- Incorporates practical case studies, exercises, and polling technology to elevate concepts from theory to practice
- Opportunity to anonymously submit questions in advance of the training so instructors can address pressing needs or concerns during the length of the training
- Supplemental materials available through a training website that participants can access for up to a year following the course
- Identifying and training campus security authorities
- Collecting and classifying Clery Act crimes
- Developing a coordinated approach to prevention and response of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking, including the development of policies that address the intersection of the Clery Act and Title IX
- Compiling and designing the annual security report
- Building and implementing Clery Act multidisciplinary teams and engagement strategies for leadership and other departments on campus
The pilot is an expansion of our two-day Clery Act Seminar training to include advanced content and additional interaction with peers and instructors.
Each interactive session is taught by Clery Act experts who have on-the-ground experience implementing or assessing Clery Act requirements. Our national pool of instructors reflect backgrounds in law enforcement/campus security, residence life, student conduct, and victim advocacy.
Fees | $575.00
Special Group Registration Rate
Multidisciplinary teams of 2 or more receive a discount at registration.
|2-person team||$50 discount/registrant||Free for Clery Center Members|
|3-person team||$75 discount/registrant||Free for Clery Center Members|
|4-person or more||$100 discount/registrant||First three registrants free; 20% off each additional registrant for Clery Center Members|
To take advantage of this opportunity, you must register at the same time with a single payment. This rate does not expire with the early registration date rate. Payments or purchase orders must accompany the registration form to receive the early registration discount.
Members of a team of three or more members can also receive three free in-person registrations per year (or five free registrants for our online Clery Act Training) as a benefit of our Membership Program.
Substitution From the Same Institution
Substitutions from within the same institution are permitted at no additional cost. All substitutions must be made in writing and accompanied by a completed registration form.
Hotel | Comfort Suites University
120 W. 3rd Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Start date: 5/22/17
End date: 5/25/17
Last day to book: 4/24/17
There is a special rate of $119.00 plus tax per night for Clery Act Training participants. Please contact the hotel by calling the number above and mention the “Clery Center Group Block 2017” to make your room reservation.
Complementary hot breakfast, parking, and airport transportation are available. Please note that airport transportaion must be scheduled in advance by calling the number above.
Garage parking will be available at the Zoellner Parking Garage for $4 per day. Metered street parking is also available for $1 per hour on Packer Avenue, Webster Street, Asa Drive, and Vine Street. Please refer to the campus map below.
Click here for the campus map. Neville Hall is designated by #6A, and Zoellner Parking Garage is designated #48 at the top of the campus map.
*The Clery Center for Security On Campus reserves the right to cancel this session by April 23, 2017. If this session is canceled, all registration fees will be refunded.*