Clery Act: Basics Training - Curry College - Milton, MA
June 25, 2018
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
Curry College | Student Center | Large Meeting Room
1071 Blue Hill Ave. | Milton, MA 02186
Monday, June 18th, 2018
Clery Act: Basics provides a foundational overview of each of the large, topical areas of the Clery Act, focusing on how roles at an institution intersect with Clery Act compliance and implementation responsibilities.
This training will help identify concrete action items each of those roles should take in order to support overall, institutional Clery Act compliance.
This 1-day training will review:
- Identification and notification of Campus Safety Authorities (CSAs) and strategies for training them
- Clery Act geography definitions
- Clery Act crime categories
- Distinctions between timely warning and emergency notifications
- Rights and options for survivors of sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Procedures for responding to and prevention programming for sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Annual Security Report components other roles should understand and how the roles can intersect with the work
Fees | $199.00
Free for Clery Center Members. Learn more here.
Substitutions from within the same institution are permitted at no additional cost. All substitutions must be made in writing and accompanied by a completed registration form.
Cancellations more than 30 calendar days from the start of the seminar will be refunded completely. Cancellations 8-30 calendar days prior to the start of the seminar will be refunded minus a $10 processing fee. Cancellations 7 days prior to the start of the seminar are not refundable but the registrant will receive a full credit toward a future training of their choice. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Click here to view the Curry College campus map.
Free parking is available at the Student Center parking lot (next to #48 on the campus map). The training will be in the Student Center (#48 on the map).
Please note that coffee, tea, and water will be provided.
Breakfast and lunch will be on your own. Lunch is available to purchase at the cafeteria in the Student Center.
*The Clery Center for Security On Campus reserves the right to cancel this session by May 26, 2018. If this session is canceled, all registration fees will be refunded.